Serenity via Happiness

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Infringement Search Tool
As always I woke up late today. Found a message of one of the dearest friend of mine. His results were out and he pretty sucked at it and was in terrible mood. Then suddenly it came to my mind why do grades make us feel so bad that lead to this blog “Serenity via happiness?” somehow both means the same but differs a lot.
So,
Everyone has his/her own definition for the happiness.
It may start with - What do you want in life? A sexy lady on the bed? A car? A bungalow? Being a topper in college? Being a millionaire? What else? It all converges into one thing “Being happy”.

I've hated the social definition of happiness, success, since very beginning... It's because of the simple fact that the society does not give a fuck about your happiness...

I clearly remember most of my relatives, neighbors, dad’s friends and ‘samaj ke chaar aadmi’ often said to me - 'grow up' ? (Probably “yours” might have said the same to you) but As I see, none of us 'grow up' but shrink - in ideas, thinking, independence, possibilities, love, trust and obviously happiness... 

Yes, it's true. we rape our concept of being happy and give birth to the society's concept of being happy - which starts with - being good at academics - oh sorry - being best at academics is what society wants us to do ( okaey now tell me till where we have to be the fuc*ing best? Best in the bench I sit; in the row/column or section I sit in? best in the class? or best in the school? city? state? world? where do you want me to be best at? I know they’ll have a fuc*ing diplomatic answer for this too)... Even our parents (really) and neighbors (not really though yet they say they do) want us to be No. 1 at academic report cards... Huh... (I know some fuc*ing Malvins who get happy when they come first in class) Society’s List of “being happy” goes on. There’s no end to it till you become the same kind of part of the society...

Years ago I watched a movie “The Pursuit of Happyness” (If you haven’t seen it go and watch it fist) the protagonist argued since beginning till end on how “happyness” was spelt (even this damn MS word underlines it red). If you believe me it never matters whether happiness has an ‘I’ or ‘y’ as long as you are happy you never pay attention to such spelling craps. Then why do people want the social stamp of what happiness means, especially when that social stamp is stampeding happiness?
I want to be happy and my definition of happiness could be anything whether I’m selfish, foolish and innocent, be happy in your own strange ways - you know why? Cs at the end of day it’s you who breathe, pee, poop, laugh, cry, suffer... Whatever... then why one should amend it according to social definitions for everything. It’s your life and it should be fuc*ing according to you and once you achieve happiness as per yourself you become serene.

At the end, like our great grandparents, or grandparents, I would only say “Khush raho

Copyright,  © Jayendra Dubey, 24th Feb , 2012

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome!
big clap for d writer!! :)

Popular Posts