Papaya's Story

http://500px.com/photo/44123348
We've heard umpteen stories since childhood and many of these stories rest somewhere back in our mind. The story which I love the most is the story of the Papaya’s tree.
Why?
That’s Why: Have you ever thought if you die today what will happen? What people will say about you? What you'll hope about what your best friend says about you?

Let me tell you guys mine!

I hope, if I die today, then at my funeral my best friend says following things about me:

  1. He was kind.
  2. He always stood by me no matter what.
  3. I trusted him.
  4. He was compassionate about my problems and actually shared them.
  5. He was awesome.
I wish and hope that most of the times answer remain same.

And now if you take out some more time and flip the coin to look at the other side of the coin you'll realize that’s what actually world wants from you.

Now you'll ask me what about the dark sarcasms coming from people who actually don't like seeing you happy?

For that I'll tell you papaya story from our upnishads.

What that story tells us is that we should always be engaged to the fruit that is life.

You might be thinking what sort of answer is this?

What happened actually when other trees saw papaya tree giving this strange kind of food and breaking its own branch after growing, they all laughed on it.

But papaya tree had a sense of humor to accept it. Everyone should have it. In fact I believe papaya tree might have cracked few jokes on them too. Ha! Look banana is saying it.

I mean I believe it. Seriously, trees are living being too.

Once the fruits were off the tree and branches had fallen. The papaya tree didn't cry over what had happened or whether the fruits were less sweet instead he started growing fruits again. And life should be like this. You should learn from the past and should never ever be scared of scary future.

Next thing that I learnt from that story was that one should never lie. Papaya tree also never lied. No matter how delicious other fruits were he always helped humans to keep their stomach away from growling. :D you know universe will forget all the truths that you've spoken but will never forget your lies.

And when the papaya tree was growing fruits other trees and plants criticized it. At that time Papaya tree kept skin of the fruit thin so that it may soak in the influences and later when the fruit was ready to be plucked it grew its skin thick because it had to be confident about it had done and once the procedure was done it again grew its skin thin.

In short one should;

  •     Keep sense of humor;
  •     Learn from the past;
  •     Never lie;
  •     Be open to everything and be confident at the same time.
Above all this stands a fact that foundation of everything should be love. Once you start doing every step with love and affection you’ll find you are at serenity but boss if any of these things goes wrong and love fades away remember ordering romantically screwed!!

See you guys soon
Jd

Image Copyright ©Manish Goel, 2013.

Comments

Popular Posts