Philosoraptor

I had a dream last night, the world was ending. Sky was vomiting fire; oceans were giving hug to land. I was running from here to there saving people’s ass and mine. I was doing well then suddenly my alarm rang and I woke up to nothing but my blanket over the coffee that I had spilled last night while studying. Damn!

So a thought flashed to my mind. As kids we were told (At least I was told) that watching someone die in your dreams increases his/her life then does watching apocalypse in dreams increases earth’s age?
As the day grew I met many friends and people at office and otherwise who molded my thought. I didn't met people with dreams of dying but dying dreams.

Yes, meeting such people at times makes me feel very low, people with either no dreams or dying dreams or already dead dreams.

Remember;Jab bachpan me cricketer ban-na tha?Ya fir ladkiyon ko wo bade ho ke - Shusmita Sen wala winning epression dena tha.Ajeeb Ajeeb se ideas the – kisi ko doctor, engineer ya pilot ban-na tha!Kisi ko majnu banna tha tou ya kisiko ko sirf abbu banna tha!Par ab koi nahi, papa bhi nahi kehte ki bada naam karega.Degrees kehti tu bhuka bhi nahi marega.
Zindagi kehti ki ab cricket ke sirf score check karega.Aur ladkiyaan, c’mon, they are always beautiful.
But, still, they just kill their dream of giving winning expressions and instead say they are compromising or adjusting.

I meet young people who are either spending office hours just to earn or just to afford the basics of life. I meet girls who are pissed off because their parents want them to get married and boys because their parents want them to get married to girl of their choice. I don’t know how many of us have landed to what we always wanted or dreamt off but we should not abuse the power of eyes and mind.

Why to just earn money when you can earn it in more fun way of learning. When you just cannot abuse your engineering degree by knowing how much creativity it requires, just like playing guitar or becoming Rock-star. When you can know that prince charming never comes on horse but instead in an auto or bike. Everything could be worth living for until you can dream, once you lose that theater of you mind where you play new dreams every now and then you won’t be nothing else but a burden on yourself.

Why to regret about the ashes of dead dreams around your body when you can turn those ashes into another castle of dreams.   

I mean c'mon yaar I always wanted to be superman as a kid but I never could, my towel was not red enough or what if I couldn't be Batman or Iron-man as bank balance was not high enough, But I’m still Awesome!!

P.S: Is that thing about dream of dying is true? Life increases because of that?

P.P.S: And what about Santa? Does his reindeer really fly? Ho-Ho-Ho!   

Copyright,  © Jayendra Dubey, 07th December , 2012 
Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker
    

Comments

Popular Posts