National Highway 24

At times I feel that my life would be spent in Traffic Jams. Jams which are results of human impatience and by-product of infrastructure development.
I don't know why does it say NH 9

If google is to be believed then I'm just 3lacs kilometers short of reaching the moon. So roughly, I have driven one lakh kms on this national highway 24.

Just for general information, this NH 24 starts from Delhi and continues till Lucknow and if you're lucky enough to reach Lucknow with all your sanity and verbal-morals intact then smile because you would be in Lucknow and people apparently smile there all day.

Travellers or daily commuters who pass through this National Highway are greeted by Dasna Toll which is being administered by the most sophisticated people you can expect to meet. Sigh.

Three cheers for the government because this highway is being widened but you must be thinking 'that's good no?'

Yes it obviously good. But what, or rather, who are not good are the people who are suffering from premature lane-breaking, wrong side driving-ejaculation.

These smart people take their car to the wrong side once the road on which they are traveling becomes congested due to the traffic convergence because of road construction being done by the government.

Now once they start driving on the wrong side the incoming traffic gets blocked and then the smart people from incoming traffic start driving wrong side because, hello, no-one gives a fuck.

So these smart people create a bottleneck that results in jam which takes hours and hours to get cleared.



Here the trouble is that initially the roads were not wide and now when the roads are being broadened these smart people can not invoke one percent of civic sense in them.
All the pictures are taken on different occasions

And for these conditions, I donot blame the government, neither do I blame traffic police nor do I blame "dividers". Because dividers were doing the job assigned to them before dividers were broken by bike-wallahs and auto-wallahs. And I'm sixty one percent sure that traffic police must now be tired of these monkeys who keep throwing their feces every where.

What is the solution to this? 
A. Letting people know that they are assholes and telling them that they must undergo traffic-sense classes before buying cars.

B. Procedure to get Driving License should get little bit more strict.

C. This would be way too harsh but to videograph such vehicles being driven on the wrong side and to pick registration number of such vehicles from videos and cease such vehicle on third or fourth strike.

I agree that this would require a lot of resource and will also take a lot of time but ask me why am I writing all this? Because I'm stuck in deadlock Jam and I have all the time in this world.

Maybe I should start dancing.

P. S. I wish I would have recorded the conversation that I had with my friend few days ago so that I could make such people listen our opinions about them. And also Gaalis.

P. P. S. Still... Gandu log.

I hope not to see you guys in Jam.
Later. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
No need to wear helmet or fasten seat belt.. Kyuki ruk ruk kar chahiye, janab aap National highway 24 par hain.

People say the universe is expanding, may be that should help with the traffic :P
Jayendra Dubey said…
Moving up in space would be much easier than moving ahead in this Jam. But I'm 83% sure that if going up in space would have been possible then even there also autos would have been waiting for lamba bhada.

Popular Posts